Improve your PHOTOGRAPHY skills on your next expedition cruise
We are proud to offer an exhilarating and captivating Photographer in Residence program for all photography enthusiasts onboard all departures. On every voyage we operate, our knowledgeable staff are around to assist and teach basic photography and composition. What’s great is that you can always learn whether you are using an iPhone, tablet, or a professional SLR. As a bonus, you can work on your photos in the digital photo stations (iMAC and PCs) at any time.
Along with our Photographer in Residence program on each departure, we offer a selection of photography programs throughout the season. These include our Enhanced Photography where in addition to our Photographer in Residence, we incorporate an additional professional photographer on staff, doubling your access to custom feedback and skill development throughout the voyage.
Expedition Photography is offered on our Off the Beaten Track voyage. On this voyage, the photographer leads a specialized group, spending more time on extended shore excursions. The program offers access to excursions and experiences outside of our regular landing schedules (early morning and late night) to capture the best light.
Our Photography Symposiums offer the most comprehensive in immersive photography experiences. While exploring the remote regions on an expedition ship, you will also benefit from these features of the program:
- Up to five professional photographer mentors with a variety of expertise
- 1 on 1 support and personal photographic critique
- Focusing on ideal light conditions
- Maximizing photography skills
- Designated zodiacs for photographers
- Learning alongside specific workshops ranging from wildlifecomposition, software editing, lighting tips and tricks
- Daily briefings about locations and opportunities
- Heightened opportunities out on deck, in the zodiacs and onshore
- Program is designed for all skill levels and differentcamera types
ANYONE CAN BECOME A PHOTOGRAPHER WITH A BACKDROP LIKE THIS
If you wish to participate in one of our photography symposiums, pre-register at time of booking with no extra charges. This program offers a huge value as we have five extra staff onboard to help you with your photography goals.
Participating in the photography symposium is optional. Regular programs operate throughout the voyage.
Have a look how our photography programs work:
Looking for more information? Our agents have extensive experience and knowledge of the areas we visit. Speak with your travel agent or call our experts to learn more.