It is easy to fall in love with these remote, wind-swept countries. Here is a list of the most interesting things you can tick off your bucket list when travelling to Scotland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands:
• Golf at some of the most amazing golf courses in the world*
• Taste locally brewed whiskey after a day of exercise in the fresh country air
• Have traditional afternoon tea at a real castle
• Stand in front of one of history’s best-kept secrets – stone circles. Maybe you will be the one who figures out what they are meant for?
• Step foot on the Shetland Islands, one of the most remote inhabited places on Earth.
• Follow the footsteps of Vikings; known for they seafaring skills, the Norsemen have left unique traces of settlements in this country.
• Iceland is home to active volcanoes and glaciers. If you aren’t a geology enthusiast yet, you will be one upon your return!
• If you like the cute ‘clowns of the sea’, you should stop at Mykines, an incredible puffin nesting spot.
• The Faroe Islands are a birders paradise. More than 110 different bird species call these islands home.
• An archipelago of 18 different islands make up the Faroe Islands. Their rugged, untouched beauty gives incredible opportunity to explore by sea kayak or capture through the lens of their camera.
LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AN EXPEDITION CRUISE TO SCOTLAND, ICELAND AND THE FAROE ISLANDS? SPEAK WITH YOUR TRAVEL AGENT OR CALL OUR EXPERTS TO LEARN MORE: GIVE US A CALL OR SEND AN EMAIL.
*Golfing is available on our ‘Scotland & Ireland Golf Expedition’