Be Plastic Wise
Our commitment to ocean and environmental health is a core mission at the heart of all of our programming. We are determined to protect the fragile ecosystems we visit. This is clear in our eco-conscious operation style, starting from resourceful purchasing decisions to providing each guest with a re-useable water bottle.
Find out more about our committed travel style and our core mandates to our daily operations in some of the most remote places on earth.
- Reusable water bottles: every guest receives a reusable water bottle once onboard to reduce the usage of plastic water bottles.
- Reusable cutlery, dishes and glasses: Throughout our voyage, we host BBQs on the ship, offer mobile hot chocolate and coffee runs on Zodiacs. When doing so, we make sure we only use reusable dishes and provide recycling bins for bottles and garbage.
- Refillable soap dispensers: One of our most thoughtful features are refillable soap dispensers in every bathroom on the ships. This saves on luggage weight and helps protect the environment. We purchase the soap from an ethical producer on Salt Spring Island in Canada who only using biodegradable ingredients.
- We do not have plastic shopping bags onboard. Passengers use their own bags for gift shop purposes.
- We participate in the Shoreline Cleanup in our hometown of Squamish, British Columbia each year; this is part of the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup initiated by the Vancouver Aquarium.
- We are a proud supporter of the Clean Up Svalbard initiative.
Do you have more questions about our responsible travel philosophy?
Give our experienced sales team a call or send us an email.